Saturday 15 August 2009

Jolibe





A designer who pays an equal amount of attention to structure as they do texture generally tends to have my vote. This is why i love Jolibe so much as the designs have a life of their own.
I also quite like the name of the brand, makes me want to belt out Dolly Parton's "Jolene".

"Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
Im begging of you please dont take my man
Jolene, jolene, jolene, jolene
Please dont take him just because you can"

What a song, what a song. I am sure Jolene could steal a man in a Jolibe design

Joel Dias, the brains behind the label, is a Parson's graduate, grew up in the Dominican Republic and began the art of dressmaking at 14. Dias describes his label as "New, intelligent, balanced, passionate and versatile." I like

1 comment:

  1. OMG i love that song... it is the most random song... that is surprisingly deep...:)

    ReplyDelete