Thursday 14 May 2009

Beginnings.


"Once upon an old moon
I navigated passed a map sprawled over a kitchen table
forgot that my father never taught me to read a compass
grabbed my wit
and set sail for adventure." Fashion and Fables

Welcome to one leg of my adventure. Fashion and Fables. You don't have to take your shoes off, i never do and this i hear will wreck havoc on my floors! oh well!

Fashion and Fables is like a little pretty box of keepsakes. Preserving the old or new, shocking or saccharine, heartwarming or energizing....... things celebrating all that inspires beauty, both imagined and real.

I hope you enjoy as much as i will.

Do you like the picture? I do. In fact, i like it so much that i have it framed in my room. It's called "Midsummer White" and it is was taken by the very talented David Bailey in July of 1965. Summer is still weeks away, but i like it a lot. It makes me think of a girl setting out from the comforts of all she knows and dressed boldly to hide the creases of insecurities.






No comments:

Post a Comment