Tuesday 22 September 2009

Nicole Farhi's Party Girl










"The band lost its drummer
to the head waiter
who forgot to spike the punch
but she strolled into the party
and gave it a pulse" ⓒfashion and fables

Oh Nicole. Be my live-in tailor? I been known to offer quite generous packages to my employees... and for you i would be open to negotiations... please bear in mind that when i say generous, i mean that you will probably be reimbursed by way of ummmm sonnets and delicious food?. Did i mention i bake as well? yeah, this would probably be a step-down for you. I understand, no hard feelings.

I pledged my undying love for Nicole Farhi a long time ago, not only is she a great designer with an amazing sense of proportion, colour and form, she totally kicks ass, have you seen her hair.....

Last season, my heart ceased to function for a good minute when i received an invite to her show at the Royal Opera House.... Alas, this season i couldn't score a ticket... sad. tres.

Le fashion, one minute you are hot, the next you are sitting at home dressed in a Gap sweatshirt and eating ginger snaps while watching Project Runway and wondering why Nicole's people didn't invite you this season!
Thank goodness one can blame all unpleasantries on the recession. Love it!
Speaking of recessions, gone are the free bagels with salmon at London Fashion Week?!? Yep. gone, as are the Marks and Spencer grapes, the delicious muffins and apple juice. Granted they were gone last season too. But it's still hurts, i used to skip breakfast for the free stuff but now you get free water? yah. L'eau. I have a tap at home you know! I have a trap!

next season. next season. This season i can catch shows i missed on le style.com.

I love this collection, to me it's something that captures one's attention in a seamless and simple manner. I like that, i like that just as much as i like my ginger snaps
auf wiedersehen. Project Runway is so amusing.
And, yes all images are from Style.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment