Wednesday 7 December 2011

Night Falls.

I like walking at night.
I have for as long as i can remember.
I feel i am much better about it now as an adult. Before, i was very dismissive of the dangers that lurk about night. That being said, i grew up in a very small and uneventful village where absolutely nothing, and i mean NOTHING, happens at night
With age I came to realise how disturbingly worrying it must be to parent a child with such a disposition.
Or be a boyfriend to a girl who just gets up and wanders around
Or be the sibling who worries when you slipped out.
Here, here for age :)
i don't actually walk around so late anymore... For a good couple of years now.. But i find that it sneaks up on me in the winter. There is something about the cold that makes me very restless, maybe i think a chill will settle in my bones and never leave :)
I don't like the cold.
Either way
I find it very calming. I feel like in on a secret when i walk at night. That i am seeing the world they way it should be. Seeing everything it hides during the day. i find it very beautiful and so silent. Think the closest feeling to it is meditating; just being aware of your breathe as it rises and falls and everything else becomes very heighten yet very insignificant.
Well, right now, i am fighting the urge to go walk around. But i have a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment