Thursday 18 June 2009

Love in Transit

I tend to make amends in transit
mumble silent reminders to yesterday's absent self to
write page-long recaps on cross-Atlantic adventures
hold day-late conversations
reciting overdue apologies riddled with excuses.
" i had all intenions on hitting the redial button..."
but when i am not making amends
or plans to such
i am falling in love
with a face
a building
a memory i dusted off to soothe a boring ride.
for a moment of course. The best thing about being in transit, the fleeting is a given.

My latest love affair is with le Deptford Project Cafe. Our story is quite simple.
We met as i tend to travel by foot in the summer as this means i can engage in various cool activities at once: exercise, people gazing and sun tanning, par example!
She is a beauty isn't she. quite the witty charmer. Housed in a 1960s South East Train carriage, she might just be one of those loves that stick around for awhile, as i believe they might have free wifi. hellls yah! this is TRUE FREAKING LOVE!




"How do I love thee? Let me count the ways"
i love thy quirky chairs that make me giggle with phrases like " sitting on my la la waiting for my ya ya.
i love that your lampshades are upside down reminds me of Viktor & Rolf boutique in Rome.
I love that you have the coziest couch in the corner.
i love that your tables are bright.
i love that you have fresh flowers.
i love that you offer BROWIES! and super cute sandwiches
i love that even though i don't have kids, you are so super child friendly with you play area for wee ones and the wee swing. not to mention the all the sweet green plants
i love you that you are conductive to random conversations. This woman started talking to me ( think it might have been my huge orange flower) about how cool the place was. And then we started chatting about her kid, life etc. fun times
i like.
As i said true LOVE!
























2 comments:

  1. The couch is something this side of awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, isn't it just! http://www.lifeissuite.co.uk/ they made it, might do a post on them in le future!

    ReplyDelete