Thursday 17 November 2011

Versace For H&M Collection






Even if you threatened to shred my awesome leather jacket or throw away all of my beloved wedges if i didn't come up with nice words about Versace, i would have to pause, take a minute or 10, or maybe 100... Then i think i would say: the animal print can be nice? and they always have awesome styling.... That's as nice as i could get

I am too minimalist of a dresser to really be fond of Versace. I totally respect the brand and Donatella is like a hurricane to be reckoned with; I wouldn't mess with her, she means business! I like her. I wouldn't want to dress like her, but i like her business acumen!

The thing is, i am not even that much of a minimalist, really! i just don't see the point to be that loud with every single piece of item of clothing or accessory you have on. It's like being in a conversation with everyone talking at the same time. Take turns people, just take turns! So you can actually understand what the hell is going on!.

But versace's aesthetics is loud and way too constricting for my liking. I always feel a wee bit dazed when i looked at the collection; I never really know what to focus on. So, it goes to say i didn't go line up in front of Regent Street to bag myself one of Versace's pieces for H&M .

Also, as Donatella explained while defending the brand's inability to use "real women as models" reality isn't want the brand is about. Like, who is going to be draped in shimmery tight pants, leopard print blouse and sky-high stilettoes every day? I am not a trophy wife yoh, while that seems like a riveting job and all...

But in le end, i must say, i don't hate everything. and, hey, it's affordable!
I am going to see if i can get that nice leather studded dress. Come on Santa, i have been really good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment